Thursday, February 10, 2005

Under Andy's Shadow update


Lots to report on my Paul Morrissey book. I will be interviewing one of the stars of Women in Revolt, Penny Arcade in Sydney next month, she is over for Sydney's infamous Mardi Gras celebrations and is performing at The Studio at the Opera House. I have also been in discussion with photographer Gretchen Berg and hope to be using a selection of her never before seen photographs from the set of the film, including shots of Warhol and Morrissey at work and on the streets of New York. In additional news I will also be interviewing Nat Finkelstein about his memories of the Warhol Factory and his recent contributions to the New York show Edie: Unseen Photographs of a Warhol Superstar. I have also recently visited the London offices of the British Board of Film Classification where I viewed the files for Morrissey's films Flesh and Trash; both of which caused major controversy when they were first released in the UK, it makes for fascinating reading and extracts will feature in the book.
Posted by Hello

No comments: