Friday, April 25, 2008

Keanu Reeves interview

For those of you in Sydney; you’ll be able to read my interview with Keanu Reeves in Drum Media this week. In town to promote his new film Street Kings, the actor waxed lyrical about Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Point Break and having mud thrown at him at the Glastonbury Festival. He also talked about his next film; a remake of Robert Wise’s The Day the Earth Stood Still. “It’s looking great,” he exclaimed, “I just finished filming that. It’s a great cast; Jennifer Connelly, Cathy Bates, myself, John Cleese and Jaden Smith. I think we did a good job; knock on wood. I didn’t jump in to make a remake of a classic, I worked with the writer and director almost two months and trying to get the script. I think we found a reason why to make it; we needed that story to tell our story. We’ve linked them up in a really good way. What Klatu is in the first film, what Klaatu is in the second and what gets spoken about?….and Gort’s around” he reassured me, “Klaatu Barada Nikto! he had to be, It would be like making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without any peanut butter!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smooch

Anonymous said...

Double smooch.