Wednesday, October 08, 2008

News Update

Well I’ve been off the radar for a few weeks after taking some time off to marry my beautiful bride Milli so here’s a round up of the last month or so.

Shivers Magazine featured my set reports on The Ruins and I’m presently writing up a large feature on Australian Exploitation cinema tying in with the recent release of Not Quite Hollywood. I'll also be reporting on Mark Hartley's fantastic documentary for Cinema Retro.

Talking of The Ruins, The latest Filmink features my interview with actress Jena Malone following last months preview from the set of Acolytes.

Smoke & Mirrors latest issue features my interviews with the Double Negative FX team on Guileramo Del Tor’s Hellboy II: The Golden Army and the next issue includes my interview with Keanu Reeves discussing his career, Street Kings and the forthcoming remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Drum Media has featured my interview with Benjamin Gibson; the creative force and ambulance medic turned director of Son of a Lion, a preview of the recent Sydney Underground Film Festival.

I have also recently interviewed Crispin Glover about the Sydney screenings of his two directorial efforts What Is It? and It is Fine! EVERYTHING IS FINE. We also discussed his work in Wild at Heart, Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter, Willard and his love of Werner Herzog.

As always my DVD reviews are online on www.cinephilia.net.au and www.digital-retribution.com and check out www.frightfest.co.uk for my Dave Down Under blog.

No comments: